Update 2024: New eWallets!
The Bank of Uganda is one of the organizations striving for a cashless society. Smartphone technology has made mobile money services (MMS) more viable, and efficient MMS adoption has benefited Uganda’s financial inclusion in both rural and urban areas.
eWallet Evolution in Uganda
eWallet provides a wide range of services, including cash transactions, money transmission to other users, paying utility costs such as water, and electricity shopping for stuff at retail, and preserving funds for future expenditures. These facilities are being quickly expanded in emerging economies as a critical tool to help Uganda achieve its 78% digital payments agenda.
Mobile Money has emerged as a significant invention with substantial potential benefits. The costs and variations linked with creating, running, and sustaining a regular bank account are also greatly reduced with mobile payment systems. Mobile money is the simplest way to settle unplanned domestic monetary operations. In the undeveloped nations, efficient digital payment adoption has contributed to the growth of mobile marketing. Small and medium-sized businesses can use mobile money to acquire and pay cash immediately, which promotes business connections. It also supports economic growth by increasing cash saving
Online payment platform in Uganda
Following are a few of the popular online payment options in Uganda:
- Skrill (open account): It is one of the most extensively used digital wallets in the country. It’s simple to use, offers minimal costs and quick computation time, has a great Reward system, and provides reliable and confidential financial services
- MuchBetter (open account): It is an innovative and prize-winning electronic wallet. Our sector e-wallet allows the device to retain, transfer, and transfer the money.
- Neteller (open account): This is one of the most extensively used electronic wallets in the world, offering a diverse range of benefits to its clients.
Some other options include:
- Pay it: It is another eWallet app that allows you to fill up your cell credit, and data, and pay for your water and power in 5 nations, including Uganda. Pay it claims to provide a customer service center that is accessible 24/7 each day, 7 days a week in case you have any difficulties.
- Chap Chap: It is another digital payment system, that allows users to pay expenses while on the go. You can use Chap chap to acquire airtime, and data, and to settle for your Umeme Yaka. Chap Chap also has a referral scheme where you can earn points for suggesting users.
- Easy Pay: It is a payment system that allows you to conduct online payments. Easy pay takes care of the necessities: time, statistics, and power. They do, however, possess features that allow for bulk payment, public donations, and online booking.
- Xente: Intel Global creation, is an online mobile platform that specializes in providing airtime, data, fares, and paying your electricity costs. Xente is extremely simple to use and supports purchases via Debit cards, MTN Mobile Money, and Mobile Banking.
- Yodime: Is a web application that allows companies to create payments for any good or service they are supplying. They do, however, offer private accounts via which registered users can purchase any commodity in the market with retailers who have collaborated with Yodime.
- Poketi: It provides what everyone else is doing: it allows customers to buy time, email, and pay bills using their digital wallet. It does have a transmission option that allows you to receive funds from any country on this planet directly on your mobile. Also allows SACCO members to deposit, retrieve, require, and execute all key SACCO transactions through the portal.
- Pesapal: It is used to send or receive transactions in a simple, safe, and secure way. Pesapal payments will be made via the web. Our buyers and sellers are guarded by secure features that allow users to evaluate the quality of goods and services before issuing funds.
Neteller, Paypal, and Skrill are just some of the popular e-wallets utilized in Uganda casinos. Other options include MuchBetter, ecoPayz, Luxon Pay, and others. Each of these eWallets has its own set of functionalities and can be used with a range of devices. To utilize eWallets in casinos, all a user has to do is create an account with one of these eWallet solutions. In most countries, including Uganda, Neteller and Skrill are two of the greatest payment options for gambling.