Jeton – Account Verification
Verification of Jeton Account
You don’t need to be verified to use Jeton for money transfers, exchanges, or deposits. If you want to make a withdrawal, you should first validate your Jeton account.
You must go through the verification process to process any transaction from your Jeton Wallet. The Jeton Wallet verification method is a standardized anti-money laundering (AML), know your customer (KYC), and counter-terrorism financing (CTF) compliance measure. The procedure entails the submission of supporting documentation.
Verifying your Jeton account takes 10-20 minutes. The evaluation procedure, however, might take up to 12 hours. Individual Jeton accounts must meet the following requirements:
- Phone number, email address, and residential address are the most basic details.
- A valid government-issued ID with a photograph is required. You can use an Aadhaar card, a driver’s license, a residency card, a work permit card, a pan card, and so on.
- Residential Proof: Any document that shows you have lived in your current residence for at least three months and includes your name and address. You can submit a bill for electricity or water or any other bill that is suitable.
Jeton Know Your Customer (KYC)
Jeton will request your personal information to verify your identity. They will ask you to verify your data when you request a withdrawal from your Jeton Wallet account for security reasons.
Please be aware that you must provide Jeton with your most recent information so that you may readily recall it when questioned (e.g., telephone number).
You can verify your card in two ways: by validating the code on your statement or sending Visa Verification documentation.
If you’ve deposited to your Jeton Wallet account with your Visa card Jeton needs to verify the card before you can make any further withdrawals.
Once you’ve created a Jeton account, you’ll need to go through the verification process before you may deposit, send, or withdraw money from your balance.
Verify to utilize all Jeton features
Account verification is a Know Your Customer (KYC) process that electronically confirms the account holder’s identification. It’s also a requirement of international anti-money laundering legislation.
After your account has been validated, the Jeton administration will be able to protect your wallet against unauthorized transactions, and you will be able to utilize all of Jeton’s features.
Please follow these steps to authenticate your account
- Start Verification by logging into your Jeton Wallet.
- Two main boxes will appear: ‘Quick Verification’ and ‘Upload Documents to Jeton.’
- You must take a photo of yourself carrying your ID if you choose ‘Quick Verification.’
- When using the ‘ Upload Documents ‘ method, you must submit a copy of your ID and address evidence, such as a bank statement for the previous three months.
The verification procedure usually is quick, but it can take up to 24 hours to complete. The verification team quickly processes all new paperwork, but it may take a little longer if the system is jam-packed.
You can email the papers to the technical support department at https://www.jeton.com/customer/verifications.
If you cannot upload them to the website, your documents will then be uploaded to your account by technical support personnel.
Your wallet will be validated when both verifications are completed successfully, and the site will replace the unverified orange icon with the green Verified badge.