What is Skrill?
Skrill, formerly known as Moneybookers, is an eWallet provider that enables its users to perform business operations, send money, and make payments via the internet. It was founded in the United Kingdom in 2001 and is now available in more than 120 countries, offering international money transfers in 40 different currencies.
By 2007, the company had earned the distinction of being Europe’s third-largest e-payment solution provider. PaySafe Group, a commercial venture financier, purchased the company in August 2013 for $800 million USD. As a result, Neteller and Skrill are now owned by the same company.
Customers can fund their e-wallet with debit cards, credit cards, bank transfers, and other payment options such as Neteller. It is accepted as a payment method by the vast number of gambling sites, sportsbooks, casino businesses, and FX brokers.
Setting up a Skrill account
Creating a Skrill account is completely free, and all you need is a valid email address and phone number. To get started, simply follow the instructions below.
Steps to create an account
- Click on the ‘Register’ tab on this sign-up page for Skrill.
- Enter your personal details such as name, country, and preferred currency in the registration form.
- Then, give your valid email address and make sure that it is active so that you can receive the verification mail. After that, choose a strong password for your account and click on the “Register” button.
- After clicking “Register”, you will have to enter your current residential address, date of birth, and phone number in the next form.
- After verifying the phone number with the OTP, you will get access to your Skrill account and start transferring funds.
Steps to verify your account
Verifying your Skrill account is a simple procedure that ensures the security of your account. It also allows customers a variety of perks, including the removal of some restrictions, a lower maximum transaction amount, and a higher maximum withdrawal amount.
- Log in to your Skrill account by entering your username and password. Then go to the “Settings” menu and click on “Verify now”.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you have to submit your identity-related documents. Note that you must deposit funds into your eWallet account before starting the verification process.
- For identification, you can choose between your driving license, national identity card, or passport and submit it.
- After clicking on “Continue”, you will go to the next step where you have to verify your residential address by granting the website access to your location.
- Finally, you will get a message if the verification process succeeds, and you will also get a confirmation mail.
How secure is Skrill?
Skrill is fully licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the United Kingdom and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) of the United States Department of Treasury. Skrill also employs a two-factor authentication system to safeguard your funds and personal data. Your account login, personal information, and transaction information are all SSL encrypted with a 128-bit encryption mechanism verified by VeriSign, aside from your personal security PIN.
Skrill VIP program
The Skrill VIP Program was designed to reward active and frequent customers with a number of benefits. A user’s VIP status increases as they complete more transactions. And, the user’s account is instantly upgraded to VIP rank once the account is verified. The VIP program has three stages:
- Silver – Make a transaction of €15,000
- Gold – Make a transaction of €45,000
- Diamond – Make a transaction of €90,000
If you create an account via eWalletsReview, the total transaction amount for achieving the Silver status will be reduced to €5,000.