Mifinity – 2022 Review
MiFinity – What Is MiFinity?
MiFinity is an international payment service that prioritizes simplicity and security. The service was initiated in 2002 and is now accessible in over 170 countries worldwide. It has quickly become known for its broad international network and tech-driven security infrastructure, having been authorized by the FCA and certified by Union Pay International. The eWallet is MiFinity’s main product, which can be used to pay online, receive funds, and send money all over the world. And with such minimal fees, there are virtually limitless opportunities to accomplish more of what you want. It also allows customers to make rapid, simple online payments to businesses inside the ever-expanding network, such as MiFinity casinos, gaming institutions, and shops.
MiFinity makes money transfers easy, efficient, and protected. Additionally, due to the quick transfer time, your receivers get approved cash in their bank accounts that is available for withdrawal or spending whenever they need it.
Their main office is in Belfast, with local branches in Dublin and Malta. MiFinity UK Limited, operating as MiFinity, is authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue electronic money under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011. It is registered in Northern Ireland with the registration number NI611169. Mifinity Malta Limited, doing business as MiFinity, is a financial Institution licensed by the Malta Financial Services Authority (“MFSA”) under the Financial Institutions Act 1994 with the registration number C64824.
How to register an account
It’s not particularly difficult to sign up for a MiFinity account. The steps outlined below can be used by users to create a new account:
Go to the MiFinity website and click on the “Sign up” button at the top right corner of the home page. Users can also download the app to create an account.
On the Sign up page, give your preferred email ID and a unique password with capital letters, small letters, and numbers. Then, click on the “Create Account” button.
MiFinity will send an activation link to your email account. You have to click on the activation link within 24 hours to activate your MiFinity account.
After clicking on the link, your account will be created and they will redirect you to the log in page. Give your email address and password, which you have used to create the account, to log in to your MiFinity account.
After logging in to your account, it is time to create your MiFinity eWallet. Select your country of residence and the preferred currency. You have the option to select your country from a list of 70 different countries and 15 currencies. After that, click on the “Create eWallet” button.
You will be redirected to the next page, where you have to give your personal details such as your first name, last name, date of birth, nationality, phone number, street address, city, and zip code.
The last step is to set up 2 security questions and their answers. These will be required if you forget your password and your account gets locked.
Verification typically takes between 24 and 48 hours, so creating a verified account just takes a bit longer. Although account verification is optional, verified users can make transactions worth up to €10,000 in a calendar year, as opposed to merely €2,000 for unverified customers. To verify your account, follow the steps outlined below.
- After logging into your account, go to the profile page by clicking on the “Profile” button.
- Click on the “Verify Yourself” button and be ready to upload your documents to prove your identity and address.
- Upload the scanned copy of the information page of either your valid passport, driving license, or your identity card to prove your identity.
- Upload either your utility bills, bank statements, or government correspondence issued within the past three months to prove your address.
Deposits & Withdrawals
By selecting the “Deposit” option inside the wallet, deposits can be made instantly into the selected MiFinity eWallet. There will be various options to deposit your eWallet, such as:
- Cards like VISA, MasterCard, and UnionPay
- Local payment options such as Interac, CashtoCode, Sofort, Trustly, Klarna, and many more.
- Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC) and Ripple (XRP)
- SEPA Bank Transfer
- MiFinity eVoucher
Users only need to click the “Withdraw” button after choosing the wallet they want to withdraw money from. Users have the ability to give each withdrawal a reference in order to properly define the transaction on their statement and can withdraw any amount that is currently accessible. Available options to withdraw funds are:
- Verified bank accounts and local payment options like Interac
- Verified cards like VISA and MasterCard
- Cryptocurrency wallet
Based on the payment options you use to deposit or withdraw, your MiFinity eWallet may be subject to various fees. So, prior to starting the transfer process, it’s vital to comprehend all the fees that apply to your eWallet.
MiFinity typically charges a 2.99% fee on top of the wholesale exchange rates for transactions that require currency conversion. For more details about the various fees, visit the “Fees” page of MiFinity.
- VISA EEA, MasterCard EEA, UnionPay, Cryptocurrencies, Trustly – 1.8%
- VISA Non-EEA, MasterCard Non-EEA – 2.5%
- SEPA Bank Transfer – Free
- MiFinity eVoucher – 4-5% (Depending on the currency)
- CashtoCode Classic, CashtoCode eVoucher – 7.5%
- Interac (Online, e-Transfer, request money) – 3.5% + CA$0.75
- Trustly – 1.8% + €0.19
- VISA EEA – €1
- MasterCard EEA, VISA International – €1.75
- MasterCard International – €2
- Cryptocurrencies – 1.8%
- Interac (e-Transfer, eCashout) – CA$4
- Send money between personal MiFinity eWallets – 1% (Max. €1)
- Send money to friends and family – 1% (Max. €10)
- Receiving money – Free
- MiFinity’s systems are frequently audited and secured since they adhere to PCI DSS Service Level 1 rules. All the information and data are protected by SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, which is used to secure and encrypt our eWallet and all transactions.
- In 2017, MiFinity partnered with 4Stop, a renowned authority in fraud prevention, to create a cutting-edge protection technology infrastructure specifically for the MiFinity network.
- Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) has been implemented by MiFinity in accordance with the Payment Services Directive (PSD2), a new European regulatory requirement designed to minimize fraud and improve the security of online payments.
- You will automatically be logged out of your eWallet after a certain amount of inactivity and must enter your username, email address, and password again to log in.
MiFinity mobile app
All of the services provided on the website are also available on the MiFinity mobile app, which is available for both Android and iOS smartphones. Use the MiFinity app to add money to your eWallet account, execute secure payments, and check your account balance. You can download the Android app from the Google Play Store and the iOS app from the App Store.
Users can contact MiFinity’s professional support staff by phone, live chat, email, or other means. Although customers who speak English are recommended to call between 9am and 5pm GMT for account help from a local representative, agents can be accessed at any time.
Users can contact the customer service team through the form in the Contact page or email them at email@example.com. Users may find answers to many frequently asked questions about the eWallet, account verification, security, payments, and other topics in the Help section of the MiFinity website.
Some Notable Features
With its quick and effective services, MiFinity has had a significant and positive impact on the iGaming sector. In their home countries, the MiFinity casinos are authorized to operate. To ensure increased security and that you have an unrivaled gambling experience at the MiFinity-powered online casinos, MiFinity has only worked with regulated and licensed online casinos. They hold licenses from reputable gaming commissions like the United Kingdom Gambling Commission and Malta Gaming Authority.
You can send money without incurring any fees into your eWallet using the MiFinity virtual IBAN. To get started, just ask for a free virtual IBAN that is connected to your MiFinity account in your Mifinity eWallet. For transfers within Europe, your money will generally be approved on the same day. Although only GBP and EUR currencies are supported at present, they are trying to get other currencies in.
- High-profile security and safety precautions using cutting-edge SSL technology
- It accepts a variety of currencies, including the USD, CAD, EUR, and GBP
- Integration with BitPay, which allows users to covert Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash into withdrawable money
- Minimum deposit and withdrawal time
- High deposit and withdrawal fees out of EEA
- Restricted in some common countries
- Comparatively lengthy sign-up process